Brain Injury Programming
Supporting students with brain injuries has been the mission of the Ivy Street School since its founding in 1993. While we now serve students with a diverse range of diagnoses and challenges, brain injury and other neurological challenges continue to be a core area of our expertise. Our services includes:
- Compensatory strategies and executive functioning
- Language and communication challenges
- Restorative therapies and adaptive technology for mobility, memory, or learning challenges
- Fostering self-management skills and decision-making
- Hands-on vocational training
- Transition planning and readiness
For each of our students, we develop an individualized program specific to that student’s needs. We pride ourselves on being able to personalize treatment. Our small size and low student-to-staff staff ratio create many opportunities for individualized attention.
For a family adapting to life with brain injury or neurological diagnosis, the Ivy Street School in Brookline is often the first place they find a peer group and a community.
Our staff includes Certified Brain Injury Specialists (CBIS) and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). We also partner with the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts to provide workshops on pediatric brain injury education topics for our staff and the provider community.