We are excited to offer virtual gatherings for Skills For Life clients! Our meetings will be held over Zoom, with in-person gatherings coming shortly. The goal is to get to know one another and build community. We hope you will join us for an upcoming event!
We meet every once a month on Fridays from 4-5 pm over Zoom, with option to stay on until 5:30 for open conversation. Message SFL staff for the Zoom link.
Upcoming dates: Stay tuned for fall 2021 dates!
Note: Will be starting to meet in-person, outdoors, in Massachusetts on some of these dates for people who feel safe doing so.
- 10 minutes for everyone to join – open conversation time, get comfortable
- Names, pronouns we use & how we’re honestly feeling about life
- Review Group Agreements
- Plan next gathering
- Show us something in your room you feel proud of
- Media Recommendations for each other
- 5:00-5:30 Zoom will remain open for link sharing and unmoderated conversation
- Voluntary – All meetings are optional; no one will get in trouble for missing a meeting
- Inclusive – Create an environment where everyone feels able to contribute
- Talk however feels most comfortable – over audio using microphone, over text using chat, and camera on or off. Eat, drink, take breaks from computer.
- Only one person speaks at a time; either wait for a moment to chime in, or click on hand-raising icon in Zoom or type “stack” in chat
- Respect – Respect each others’ opinions even/especially if you don’t agree with them. Conflict is inevitable in any group.
- Confidentiality – Don’t share people’s names or identifying stories outside of the group, or talk about individual Skills for Life therapists.
- Consensual – If you connected with someone and want to follow up with them after the gathering, email elly “I want to connect with X. Please send them my [phone/email],” so the other person can choose how they want to respond.
*Adapted from https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/groupagree
Interested in learning more?
Contact elly by email (Ekalfus@SkillsforLifeProgram.org) OR call/text (617-863-0493)