We are excited to offer virtual gatherings for Skills For Life clients! Our meetings will be held over Zoom, with in-person gatherings coming shortly. The goal is to get to know one another and build community. We hope you will join us for an upcoming event!
We meet every other Saturday from 4-5 pm over Zoom, with option to stay on until 5:30 for open conversation. Message SFL staff for the Zoom link.
Upcoming dates: 5/8, 5/22, 6/5, 6/19, 7/3, 7/17, 7/31.
Note: Will be starting to meet in-person, outdoors, in Massachusetts on some of these dates for people who feel safe doing so.
- 10 minutes for everyone to join – open conversation time, get comfortable
- Names, pronouns we use & how we’re honestly feeling about life
- Review Group Agreements
- Plan next gathering
- Show us something in your room you feel proud of
- Media Recommendations for each other
- 5:00-5:30 Zoom will remain open for link sharing and unmoderated conversation
- Voluntary – All meetings are optional; no one will get in trouble for missing a meeting
- Inclusive – Create an environment where everyone feels able to contribute
- Talk however feels most comfortable – over audio using microphone, over text using chat, and camera on or off. Eat, drink, take breaks from computer.
- Only one person speaks at a time; either wait for a moment to chime in, or click on hand-raising icon in Zoom or type “stack” in chat
- Respect – Respect each others’ opinions even/especially if you don’t agree with them. Conflict is inevitable in any group.
- Confidentiality – Don’t share people’s names or identifying stories outside of the group, or talk about individual Skills for Life therapists.
- Consensual – If you connected with someone and want to follow up with them after the gathering, email elly “I want to connect with X. Please send them my [phone/email],” so the other person can choose how they want to respond.
*Adapted from https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/groupagree
Interested in learning more?
Contact elly by email (Ekalfus@SkillsforLifeProgram.org) OR call/text (617-863-0493)