Skills for Life is our response to the growing need of individuals ages 16 and above to:
- Develop relevant skills for independent living
- Identify personal needs, strengths and challenge areas
- Engage in their communities in a meaningful and satisfying way
- Create and execute plans to address personal priorities
- Accept support for accountability and carryover
- Develop personal agency and self-determination
- Engage in supported opportunities
…within their own homes and communities.
After many years working within Ivy Street School, Brooke and Jane began offering home and community-based Occupational Therapy services beyond the school setting in early 2016. Our OT team has now grown to include many more Occupational Therapists throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Our work has also taken us to new homes, communities, colleges, job sites, RMVs, grocery stores, banks, and beyond!
- We work with young adults ages 16 and above who are interested in taking a more active role in their transition to adulthood and learning skills to support them in doing so.
- With support, our clients must be able to identify areas they wish to improve upon and be able to set clear goals or intentions for themselves.
- Commonly we work with individuals who identify as having ASD (formerly, Asperger’s), NVLD, ADHD, TBI, or other neurological and/or behavioral diagnoses.
- We work with individuals within a 40 mile radius of both Brookline, MA and Providence, RI.